How to install the premium version of a plugin and activate the license after purchase
Have you purchased the premium version of a plugin? Don't you know how to activate the license after the purchase?
To upgrade from a FREE to a PREMIUM plugin will not suffice to insert the license key provided after the purchase. The reason is that they are two distinct products, with significant differences both for available options and for number of files included in the plugin package.
1) Go to yithemes.com and login to "My Account" page
2) From the menu on the left, click on "Licences & Donloads", look for the plugin you want to install among the available downloads and click on "Download plugin" button
Note: if you’re using Safari on Mac and you don’t get a .zip package, but you just see a folder in your Downloads, it’s because the package if automatically unzipped. You can either create a .zip package of that folder or change your browser settings. Go to Safari Preferences > General. Scroll down to the bottom and uncheck the Open safe files after downloading box. Now, you can download the plugin once again and you will be able to get a .zip file to upload into your WordPress dashboard > Plugins page.
3) After downloading the packet, go to your website and login to WordPress administration area.
4) From the menu on the left, click on "Plugins". You will be redirected to the page where you will find the complete list of all the plugins available on your site. Click on "Add New" button that you find above on the left to add a new plugin
5) You will be redirected to a new page where you will find, above on the left next to the page title, the "Upload Plugin" button.
6) Click on "Upload Plugins" button to start the upload of the PREMIUM version of the plugin previously downloaded. Click on "Select File", search for the download folder related to the plugin and upload the package. Now you only need to wait a few minutes for the upload and the installation on your site. (We used YITH Live Chat plugin by way of example)
7) After completing the installation, click on "Activate plugin"
8) If everything worked alright, your plugin is now correctly installed on your website. Enjoy it :-)
The last step is the activation of the plugin through its license key you received after the purchase. Click on "License Activation" that you find in "YITH Plugins" and insert the license key and the email address you used during the purchase.
9) In case you had difficulty to recover the license key we sent you by email, you can easily find it in "Licences & Downloads" section of your account on yithemes.com