License activation/deactivation issues
Some of our customers have experienced issues with the activation/deactivation of the license key after having installed one of our products. Below you find the most common issues and how to sort them out:
- Invalid Email: this is an error that can show up when an email address with just two characters is used, like email@example.com, or when the email address includes special characters in the domain name, such as the dash (-) in firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to solve this issue, just make sure you have installed the latest version of the plugin available. If the problem persists even after the product update, you can download the yith-plugin-fw.zip file attached to this post. It’s a small plugin that should help fix the issue. We suggest you install it on your website and try again. You can remove this extra plugin after the activation.
- Invalid instance ID: in most cases, this error occurs with older license keys. Click on the button “Update License Information” to remove any possible reference to the older license and try activating the license key again. It often happens after cloning the website (e.g. when you move the site from the staging to the live domain).
- Invalid License Key: this is a general error that is usually due to an incomplete profile on yithemes.com. Please, make sure you complete your profile on our website and then try again.
This error can also occur after you change the email address associated to the profile. If this is the case, then, please, contact our support so we can help you sort the issue out.
- cURL errors or errors related to an obsolete TLS protocol: this kind of issues are often visible in the server error_log. If you get such an error, please, contact your hosting provider support and ask them to check the server configuration settings.
- Unable to contact remote server: this occurs when there are issues with connecting to our own servers. First of all, please, make sure the issue is not related to temporary connection issues: trying again after a few minutes should solve the issue, if this is the case.
If the problem persists, then, your server IP address might have been banned and cannot establish a connection to our servers. It’s up to us, then, to unban the IP manually, so, please, submit a support ticket, and we will be happy to help you.
- Missing License Activation Page: If the license activation page are missing on your wesbite you can download the yith-plugin-fw.zip file attached to this post. It’s a small plugin that should help fix the issue. We suggest you install it on your website and try again. You can remove this extra plugin after the activation. We are working hard to solve the problem as soon as we can.
For any other issue that is not included in the above list, please, submit a support ticket through our support dashboard (My Account > Support Dashboard > Submit a ticket) and make sure you include:
* your FTP credentials with full access
* the website URL
* your website access credentials (with admin capabilities)
* your server IP address