How to update the payment method associated with my ongoing subscription?
If you have one or more plugins and want to change payment method used to get the subscription charged, please consider there are different possible scenarios, so make sure you follow the one that applies to your case:
- You paid with Stripe and want to update the card on file: to change the card, simply add a new card from your https://yithemes.com/my-account/payment-methods/ and set the card as the "Default" payment method: this action will make sure that this will be the default payment method for ALL your active subscriptions on YITH.
- You paid with PayPal and want to change payment method, while keeping the same PayPal account: this can be done by PayPal itself, and you can follow this PayPal guide.
- You paid with PayPal and want to pay with a different PayPal account: in this case you have to revoke the billing agreement with YITH from the old account (this will cause the auto-renewal option of all the subscriptions connected to it to be switched to OFF) and then switch at least one subscription back to ON: in this way, you will see a modal window that asks you to update your payment method and here you can add the new PayPal account.Please, make sure that you switch the auto-renewal button to ON on all the other subscriptions in your account, if you want to keep them active, otherwise, they will expire on the next due date.
- You paid with Stripe and want to switch to PayPal instead: to do this you must remove all cards (your subscriptions will switch to OFF) and manually switch them back to ON, and associate the PayPal account from the modal window that will appear.
- You paid with PayPal and want to switch to Stripe instead: you have to revoke the billing agreement from your PayPal account (subscriptions will switch to OFF) and manually switch them back to ON, and associate the new card from the modal window that will appear.
- When it comes to YITH Club Subscription product, whenever you remove the current payment method, the product subscription is automatically cancelled and cannot be reactivated, so, the best way to change the payment method in this case is always to contact us from this page.
IMPORTANT: any change to the subscription payment method must be done before the renewal date, in order to avoid unwanted cancellation of the subscription.